Research training modules
- Building an online research network and community
- Growing your enthusiasm for research
- Being successful
- Simplifying complexity without simplification: making science accessible
- Developing a professional research identity
- Making meaningful research connections
Core and advanced specialist training
- Advanced materials and systems characterisation
- Electrical and renewable energy engineering
- Frontier materials
Training in 2023
- Symposiums – 7 August, 8 December, storEnergy researchers will present their latest results.
- Workshops with guest speakers on topics from manufacturing of Li-ion batteries to circular economy.
- Fortnightly seminars on topics from: Subject Matter Knowledge, Advanced research skills and Professional skills, including a talk by Deakin Library on research Matrix.
- Professional training courses in collaboration with DeakinCo and School of Business and Law to develop high technology research training modules for industry, government, and teachers.
Research translation and training/education activities
- Camberwell High school / IFM excursion through storEnergy.
- High school student work experience at IFM through storEnergy.
- IFM, through storEnergy, has partnered with the Camberwell High School Launch program in 2023. As part of this partnership, our storEnergy scientists will actively engage with Year 10 projects by designing a project, conducting regular meetings, and visiting Camberwell High School.